How can OCS parents get involved?
Join the OCS Parents Association (PA)
- Be part of the Parents Association Executive Committee (President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer)
- Attend monthly PA meetings
- Support events sponsored by the PA and OCS (Bingo Night, Thanksgiving, Mother’s Day Celebration, Father’s Day Celebration, Family Day)
- Staff open house events for prospective families and share your experience as a parent;
- Help set up and manage OCS events
- Be part of a promotional team to distribute marketing materials for OCS in the surrounding neighborhood
- Attend Charter School Advocacy Day
You can get involved by contacting the Parent Liaison, Ms. Charybel Nunez, at (212) 866-6137 Ext. 4068 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can OCS alumni get involved?
- Be a representative of your college/university during the Annual College Fair
- Speak to the students during Career Day about their professions and professional path
- Attend Open House events for perspective families and share about how OCS has helped you
- Attend the monthly Board of Trustee meetings to discuss your journey at OCS and accomplishments since graduating
- Host students that are interested in visiting your college/university;
- Be a mentor to a high school student
- Support school-wide events
You can get involved by contacting the Admissions Supervisor, at (212) 866-6137 Ext. 4230 or email@example.com.